Enhance topics with Prefixes
Add a prefix to any topic to better classify it and make it stand in the list of topics. Prefixes can be used to filter topics inside forums.
Edit the list of prefixes
The plugin registers new taxonomies for prefixes and prefix groups, and each prefix is a term. You can add one or more prefixes, and assign a color to each one. And, you can create one or more groups and assign prefixes to each group.
When you create a group, you can change the prefixes order, assign a group to forums (each forum can have one or more groups assigned – allowing for multiple prefixes for each topic in the forum – one prefix from each group), change the way prefixes are displayed (color presentation and layout), and the way the prefixes can be assigned to the individual topics, including use of replies to assign a prefix to the parent topic.
Check out plugin walkthrough setup, widgets and shortcodes, roles and more
Prefixes in forums
Prefixes are displayed for each topic (that has a prefix), and they can be displayed in the topics list in forums, views, or search results. Prefixes can serve as filters to show the list of topics filtered by the selected prefix inside the forum or globally for all topics regardless of the forum.
How does the plugin work?
Here is the short overview how the new plugin version with multiple prefixes support work. For more information check the videos included above.
Prefixes and Groups Setup
- Create one or more prefixes and assign them different colors.
- Create one or more prefix groups and assign prefixes to each group.
- If you want to use more than one group for every forum, it is highly recommended to have each group contain unique prefixes.
- Assign groups to forums, or select forums for each group.
- Configure where how prefixes are displayed, and how they are selected.
Working with Topics
- To assign prefixes to topic, use the new dropdown/checkbox controls for each topic group, depending on the forum topic belongs to.
- Prefixes for topic can be set via reply form too, allowing user to change prefixes when posting the reply, without the need to edit topic.
- Use one of the provided widgets to list all prefixes, use the widget to filter all the topics globally or in forum based on selected prefixes.