GD Quantum Theme Pro is a plugin, but it brings a replacement theme to bbPress. bbPress theme is a set of templates, CSS files and JS files for rendering the content of the bbPress forum. It doesn’t depend on the WordPress theme used, but it allows for themes to change these bbPress templates. But, bbPress also has a very nice method for registering completely new bbPress templates theme, and that is what Quantum is.
Simple one-click activation
The easiest way to control Quantum theme (available from version 2.0) is from the GD Quantum Theme settings panel under WordPress Settings. This panel shows simple interface with a button to activate or deactivate Quantum theme, and another control to clear the styling cache used when you customize the Quantum styling through the Customizer.
Activation through bbPress settings
The process of activating the Quantum theme is simple, and this animated GIF shows the process from plugin activation to modification of bbPress settings.
And, to recap, step by step:
- Install GD Quantum Theme Pro for bbPress plugin
- Open WordPress Plugins panel, find GD Quantum Theme Pro for bbPress and activate it.
- Open WordPress Settings menu, find Forums and open.
- In the Forums panel, find the section to change Theme Package.
- From the Theme Package list select bbPress Quantum.
- Save Forums panel settings.