Advanced search form has 3 main elements: query, filter and results. Default form has most of the filters active, and you can use plugin settings to control the visibility of all search fields. For search to work, at least one keyword is required, and without that, bbPress will never load the search results page.
GD Power Search Pro for bbPress implements a number of filters to help narrow down the results. The current plugin version supports these filters:
- Content Types – select topics, replies or both
- Forums – select public forums, subscribed forums, or custom forums from the list, with support for subforums
- Users – select topic/reply author. This field has 3 versions: search for an author, select one author from the list, select more than one author from the list.
- Topic Tags – one or more tags (full or partial) to search for
- Date Period – select predefined periods (last 24 hours, last 7 days, last month, last 6 months, last year), or using datepicker select custom date range.
The plugin has more search filter fields, and they depend on what other plugins you might be using, with fields related to various other Dev4Press plugins for bbPress: GD bbPress Toolbox Pro, GD Topic Prefix Pro, GD Topic Polls Pro.