Articles, Guides and References
The plugin adds four post types for knowledge base content: articles, user guides, references (hierarchical) and faqs. The plugin also adds 4 new custom taxonomies: knowledge category (hierarchical), knowledge tag, reference topic and product group. These taxonomies are connected with the post types to help with the data classification. All content types can be connected to Products.
This way you can have knowledge base content classified using taxonomy terms and products. With all that, you can have the knowledge base for multiple products in the same installation, articles and FAQ of the general nature too.
The image on the right shows the detail of the editor for articles, showing basic settings that include:
- Access Control: public, private, restricted
- User Roles Visibility: roles that can see the content
- The post contains video
- Disable voting for the post
- Attached Files
Different content types are implemented to give you flexibility in the content organisation:
- User Guides – the longer form that will lead the reader step by step through the long list of instructions.
- Articles – shorter content form used for tutorials, posts for specific topic and other things.
- References – hierarchical content suitable for writing developer related information.
One of the most important things plugin includes is the integrated filtering of post types with taxonomy terms. This is something WordPress doesn’t implement, but we did it here to allow showing only articles for selected terms, or the only FAQ for selected term. Check out the Custom Permalinks page for more information.
- Ratings and Feedback
- Attach Files to Content
- Custom Permalinks
- Table of Contents
- Works with any theme
- Bonus Themes
- Theme Customization
- Content Widgets
- Products Widgets
- Search Form
- bbPress Integration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Table of Content Widget
- Articles, Guides and References
- Quick Links Widget
- Live Search
- Search Tracking